Thursday, March 27, 2008

It must be Spring...

because only in Spring would you wake up to snow in the totally mild Pacific Northwest, right? I thought I must have heard C wrong when he called the boys to come see the snow. He was right. Go figure. I called my mom in S Idaho. No snow there.




True Confessions time. I have posted pictures of my nice clean house and organized spaces many times before. I look at pictures other people have posted of their nice clean houses and newly organized spaces too. Lovely. Really. This is the truth:
This was taken sometime around 11am.
pajamas (dirty) still on: check
all the blankets and pillows on the floor: check
stuff under the couch that we'll forget about: check
small chocking hazards all over the floor: check
unfolded diapers and dirty clothes in the corner: check
Still the same today: CHECK!
But I do want you to notice the couch with room to sit. That is impressive is it not?

8 comments:

PapaCoyote said...

It is nice and sunny in S. Idaho. Grrrr! You need a Brittany Spaniel puppy who you could train to pick up things on the floor and put away. Sometimes they just eat plastic toys, but, out of sight, out of mind. Your boys would LOVE a Brittany Spaniel puppy. I just know they would :)

RasJane said...

Actually, a puppy to eat plastic toys is a perfectly BRILLIANT idea. Then I have an excuse to throw them away. Sorry, the puppy ate it! It would seriously cut down on clutter around here.
But don't send one. Please! I deal with enough pee and drool around here right now.

Elle R. said...

A puppy? Good god, that's the last thing you need. I have to say, GramRe's and PaR's refusal to get pets makes a lot of sense. Particularly now that between vet visits and the cattery, we'll be spending more than £500 just getting the cats looked after when we come to the States..:P

I think people should post more 'honesty' photos. People without makeup, people without tidied-for-in-laws houses, etc..the self-esteem of the general population would rise quite a bit I imagine. I'll let someone else post the first photos though ;). You don't count really because although you posted the living room photo, you're one of those freak of nature women who looks gorgeous without the help of Estee Lauder. :)

SF said...

Hey, we got a half-foot here in moscow.

RasJane said...

Half a foot?! Okay, now I don't miss Moscow so much!

MMMandM said...

I think it is fabulous that your couch is "sittable"... Our living room slash toy receptacle has a couch and a love seat. the love seat could be more accurately described as the "clean laundry receptacle as the so-called-mother of this house doesn't like to fold and/or put-away."

Nice.

MMMandM said...

if I posted a pic of my offspring's rooms, right this very moment, I would be concerned that someone would contact the authorities...

only slightly kidding... hah!

RasJane said...

M! I have that same loveseat! Everyone knows to just check there for clean clothes.