Saturday, July 12, 2008

Random

J always calls me and says, "I just have a random question."
So I assume people (at least J) like random bits from me. So here's some:

The woman who wants my diapers is in Troutdale. I may have arranged to mail them to her. Why?
I am exhausted. Like, really exhausted. Standing hurts. I should have taken a nap, but I couldn't figure out how to work it in. My brain might be affected here.
My baby is climbing the stairs. Strike that. My baby is playing in the cupboard at the top of the stairs.
My kids have transported (I believe) the entire Playmobil collection, which fills the bottom 1/3 of their closet, to the pool outside. I don't even want to think about the drama that will be involved in getting THAT back inside.
It's hot. Too hot. Didn't I say I was glad not to live in Idaho for that reason. As part of a fairly long list, actually.
I'm too hot and tired to sew, or knit. Faint over that whydontcha?
E has a set of pajamas with an alligator on the front. G calls it a frockodile. I love it!
We were digging holes for plants a while back--several weekends ago. M kept digging small, deep holes. C told him to dig shallow, big holes. Just a half shovel deep. "I can only dig deep holes, Dad. Not shallow ones. I can dig a big deep hole and fill it in, ok?" Umm, okay?
M can have grains starting on the 18th. He wants to start with Teff. So I'll soak it overnight. Maybe we can have pancakes or muffins or something. He's as excited as Christmas. Almost.
My wonderful husband mowed the lawn, painted 1/2 the fence, fixed the upstairs faucet, cleared room in the garage for the freezer, loaded the dishwasher 3 days running, and did a bunch of laundry. There's probably more. I may not have noticed since I was eating ice cream.
No one has a 7 cu foot chest freezer in stock. So I have to order one. It will take anywhere from 2-10 days to get here. I love definite time lines like that.
G's favorite new word is "stupid." I'm so not thrilled. I need a sneaky way to teach him a better one. Ideas?
Would I be more awake if I swept some Playmobil and kids aside and dunked myself in the swimming pool?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember thinking that I would like each special stage to go a lot slower and last longer. It seemed I was always so tired and rushed that I didn't get to enjoy you two enough. The blog is a great way to help you remember--and we certainly enjoy reading it! Thanks.

RasJane said...

Thanks Mamma. ;)

Elle R. said...

We don't say stupid, we say stoopy. It sounds too ridiculous to be insulting. Besides, we mostly use it when referring to our beautiful, but slightly dim cat..

Nyssa has been banned from saying the word 'bored' or variations thereof. Also, a lot of words that sound vaguely teenagery are put on the ban list. Because I'm surly, and that's all the reason I need. :P