Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to Aunt J!

Having a baby brother is like having the best doll, pet, action figure and prop all rolled into one. Here he does double duty as a doll and excuse not to help fold laundry.For the last couple of months, I have been offering solids to E. For the last couple of months, he has been refusing them as outright disgusting. I offer spoon. He grabs spoon. Some food gets in mouth. Baby ponders. Baby makes gross face. Baby coughs out food.
This weekend, G found some PerkyO's and was eating them. E reached out and grabbed one. I decided to let him decide what to do with it. He stuck it in his mouth, started to make the face. And stopped. He chomped on it awhile. He swallowed. He reached for another!
So we gave up on the carefully mashed fresh food, and have gone for the steamed chunks instead. My baby is happy. He struggled a bit with the slippery-ness of the sweet potatoes. Last night we tried green beans since I was using them in our soup. Oh happy baby! He devoured green beans. See? Happy baby!
I have mentioned the awesomeness of Aunt J before, I'm sure. But she really is so tremendously awesome. She watches my boys, she comes over to our house to do things like dishes, laundry and cooking. She tells us to go on dates. She does yard work. She drops everything to help when there is crisis. There is no way I could ever repay what she does for me. I couldn't do it without her. Thanks J! And Happy Birthday!!
But just for fun, we made her a cake for her birthday today. It was lots of fun and hopefully she enjoys it and shares it with her friends.
The boys adore their aunt. Here they are absorbed in card making. I'm not all that sure G is actually making a card. He's probably playing with the scissors.

2 comments:

PapaCoyote said...

J is flat out the best sister-in-law ever to come into a momma's life. We have cherished J for years. Wow! Is J an Angel?

RasJane said...

Hands down, YES!