Saturday, July 14, 2007

More of our North Idaho Trip

More! I promised! I delivered!


My parents and my brother and sister-in-law at a bbq outside. The resort had lots of grills for use by their guests. It was nice to eat outside. Fortunately, we also had very nice kitchens in our units--and A/C!


The highlight for M was the day we spent at Silverwood theme park in Hayden, Idaho. We began the day by taking a ride on the steam engine. It took us on a loop around the park where we saw the land around the park and even some bison with 2 babies. The first part of our day was spent in the main part of the day riding rides and seeing the sights. C and my brother and his wife all rode the roller coasters. G just could not figure out why anyone would willing subject themselves to something like that. We watched Dad on the corkscrew (right over our heads!). When C came back, G looked at him, looked at the ride and turned back to dad. "You want do that, Daddy?!" he asked in wonderment.

Then we moved over to the water park.
At this point, it was just the 3 of us while M played with Uncle D. G wasn't sure what to make of this toddler area at first. He didn't want to get in. So he headed straight into the wave pool instead. Wish I had a picture of that one! But he came back here and had a blast.


Of course, all that playing was quite exhausting!


Fourth of July found us in Clark Forks, Idaho. We had a thoroughly small town 4th.
We began with the CF parade, where M got lots of candy and even taught my niece, L, how to run out and gather the colorful stuff up. There were lots of great cars, including of course fire trucks and motorcycles, so G was happy.
After the parade, we went over to my Aunt's house. She looks great and it was so awesome to see her again. I think she is wonderful. Then we wandered over to the high school lawn where they were having races. D took little L on the father-daughter race. She had a great start, then realized she had no clue what her crazy dad was up to. M and I ran in the mother-son race and he got a quarter at the finish! The picture above is D and me in the brother-sister race. He ran, I tried to hold on and not fall over. It was a pretty hilarious sight I'm sure!
Afterwards, we headed out to see the old homestead and then over to Montana to see my cousins. It was very relaxing to be at their place at the lake. The boys had a great time and I had fun too, catching up with my aunt and cousins. My family is so great. I miss being with them and the way they interact. My husband thinks they are crazy and wonders how on earth we keep up with each others conversations. I gently point out I'm just like them. He also points that out to me sometimes. What a doll. :-P

No comments: