Monday, February 02, 2009

knitting and crazy kids

It's a wonder how I managed, but I have (almost) two things knitted for the baby. I finished a teeny little cabled hat for him/her to wear just after the birth and I'm almost done with a newborn soaker. Notice the itty-bitty cables on the sides. I had a hard time getting them even since I was making it all up as I went along-but I'm pretty sure the baby won't care all that much. :)
I just needed some sort of project for the baby. It seems I have hardly spent anytime thinking about and anticipating the baby. This is the saddest thing. I waited all this time to be pregnant and I feel I've hardly been able to enjoy it. I may seriously check out once we get moved. Or at least for the last couple of weeks before I'm due. I'll take advantage of those nesting hormones. I'll drive everyone crazy with intense baby fever!


I keep thinking that E has got to settle down some so I can survive the last 3 months of pregnancy and then new baby. No sign on the horizon. I learned today that insurance companies follow up with accident ER visits just to see if they can pass the charges on to another entity.
Here is a picture of E in his favorite location. Yes, he IS standing ON the windowsill. He thinks it the most brilliant thing ever. I can't see how this is good, but I can't see how to change it really. At least we are moving next week and the new house has low windowsills. I am telling myself he won't need to climb. Ha. I AM going to try to arrange furniture such that he can climb from it to any ledges. Bets on how long it takes him to figure out the fireplace??

This was just such a cute moment I had to take the picture. G decided to share his oatmeal with E. They each had their own bowl, but one had raspberries and the other had blueberries. I can't remember who started with what, but it seems the blueberries were the favorite.

I apologize again for lack of a belly picture. Soon! I want C to take some with his camera and set up, but it seems I am always too tired in the evenings to actually make that happen. So I will have him just snap some with my camera for now and call it good. I am looking forward to him taking a bunch of pictures near the end of my pregnancy so I have those to look back on.
If I haven't replied to a message you have sent me, I apologize as well. It seems most of my typing is able to come during nap time or when E is otherwise occupied. Since he takes short naps and is rarely otherwise occupied in any way that I would willingly turn my back on him, that means very little typing time. If he sees me (or anyone really) on the computer, he insists on climbing up and "helping". Not sure how much more help the computer will live through to be honest.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Bear is a climber too. Gives me mini-heart attacks all day.
Wolf has never outgrown it either.
I mostly gave up.