Friday, January 21, 2011

Cheesecake Ice Cream

I've had a request for this recipe, so I thought I'd share it here.  It definitely doesn't belong in my allergy-free blog!
This makes enough to fit nicely in my Cuisinart 1.5 qt freezer.

Cheesecake Ice Cream

8 oz cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar (I use superfine for ice cream, but any sweetener you want would be great.  Some people may want more.)
dash salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup heavy cream

In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth and creamy.  Beat in the sugar, salt and vanilla.  Add the buttermilk and beat until smooth. Add the cream and mix well.  Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or two then freeze according to your ice cream freezer's directions.  If you NEED an ice cream fix fast you can certainly just skip the refrigeration step.
You can serve it as it or top it with any toppings you want.  I've thought of making some fruit sorbet and serving it layered with sorbet.  Sorta like cherry cheesecake only in a sundae!  Chocolate  sauce is always a winner too.

No comments: