Friday, April 24, 2009

The house, part the next

I am such a bad blogger lately. I figured I'd better post about the house though, because it's just too darn cool!
So, we listed the house 3 weeks ago. It went up mid-day on that Friday. Friday afternoon, our agent had a call from another agent that her clients wanted to see the house. Yeah, it was a nice weekend. It turns out they really, really like the house! They had been looking at another one up the hill. The wife took a look on the computer before going back out to look at it. They saw ours and decided to check it out. Saturday, they spent 1 1/2 hours at our house. Sunday, they came back and took pictures. Then, we got the call about their offer! It was only a few thousand less than our asking price.
We have everything hammered out, and our half of the paperwork is all turned in. Well, as far as I know it is. As soon as their loan is finished and they sign their paperwork, we are back to being single home owners again. What a relief!! It actually looks like it's possible that we'll be rid of the house before baby gets here. Baby is the subject of the next post, I promise! :-)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations, that is wonderful news! I am really happy for you. My sil has been the reluctant owner of 2 houses for over six months now, so you are really lucky to have sold this one so quick.

Kathy said...

Wow! Congratulations! I see so many houses that seem to be up for sale forever. That's great that this is going so well!